*TIP OF THE WEEK*
We all know sleep is so important to aid our bodies recovery post training. Don't overlook its other benefits:
1. Learning and memory: Sleep helps the brain commit new information to memory! If you want to stay smart then catch your 😴
2. Metabolism and weight: Sleep deprivation may cause weight gain by affecting the way our bodies process and store carbs, and by altering levels of hormones that affect our appetite.
3. Mood: Sleep loss may result in irritability, impatience, inability to concentrate, and moodiness. Too little sleep can also leave you too tired to do the things you like to do.
4. Cardiovascular health: Serious sleep disorders have been linked to hypertension, increased stress hormone levels, and irregular heartbeat.
5. Disease: Sleep deprivation alters immune function, including the activity of the body’s killer cells. Keeping up with sleep will help fight those pesky diseases.
Lesson for today! Get enough sleep 😉
LET THE ☀️ IN!
Many of us find ourselves getting up in the dark, spending the day under fluorescent lighting and coming home in the dark. All this time spent away from natural sunlight results in many of becoming deficient in Vitamin D.
Here's a brief run down of the sunshine vitamins benefits
What made me want to become a PT?
I see how you look at yourself in the mirror, I hear you make up excuses not to attend spa days or shopping days because you feel embarrassed, I see that food you want to eat but feel too embarrassed to touch in case people look at you. I have been in all those places before!
At one point all I wanted to feel was comfortable with my appearance, and it happened, but it took a little time and a whole lot of caring for myself!
Over the last year I've felt the accomplishment of seeing those gains appear and the excitement and encouragement that it brings. I get so much excitement from seeing the body react to different ways of training.
When I figured all that out I realised my why.
Sometimes you just need a little courage to start. I wanted to be the person who helped open the courage door for some 💕 Happy Monday x
🙏🏻SUNDAY SERVICE🙏🏻 The rowing machine is so often overlooked!
Not only is it a great piece of cardio equipment but as you use approx 85% of your muscles when rowing you can also build muscle strength and power.
If you're still not sold then it has a third benefit which may swing it more in favour of us who usually prefer to stick to the weight section lol. Your hip, knee and ankle joints play a MASSIVE part in lifting. When rowing you'll work on these joints with every single stroke and this will result in great triple extension.
I did this little work out this morning. I think I must be under the influence of all the cross fitters in my life and far too much watching of @sarasigmunds That girl is goals!! Give it a try and let me know how you got on 💦🙈💦