Is #SundayIntroductions a thing? Because I feel like introducing myself and meeting whoever wants to participate! :) I guess I'll just tell you 5 things....
1. My name is Rebecca and I live in Northern Virginia (USA) just outside of Washington, DC. I'm married to my college sweetheart 🖤 and we have 3 children: two girls, 4 1/2 & 3, and a baby boy who's almost 6 months old! We live in a charming (read: tiny) farmhouse from the early 1900s and love our home so, so much! It's full to the brim with people and memories and a few earthly treasures. I’m a home-body and love just being home.
2. I'm SO eager for spring veggies to make an appearance at the farmer's market. And I cannot WAIT FOR RAMPS! Do you have ramps where you live? What's your favorite recipe using them? This asparagus soup is a favorite of mine (and you can get the full recipe on my blog via the link in my profile). If you live locally, @fruitforyall has them at the #leesburgfarmersmarket for like 2 weeks in the spring, so don’t miss them!
3. I have a blog that I started a little over 7 years ago - www.adailysomething.com - where I share about our simple daily somethings, and hope to inspire you to make the most of your life, wherever and whomever you are! I am so thankful that my blog turned into my job and that I get to be creative and inspire others through my work! .
4. My kids just got over the chickenpox. They haven't left the house since January 16 and they're going stir crazy. Did you have the chickenpox (I did; I was 6 and all I remember is the oatmeal bath)? Did your kids? It's not horrible at all, just super inconvenient. Soooo happy we're done with this once and for all! .
5. I love sitting at my kitchen table and am, currently. We eat all our meals here. I do almost all of my work here (including shooting my recipes). Friends drink coffee here. Crafts are made here. Tears and many laughs are shared here. And the most magical light comes though my northerly window here. Do you have a favorite spot in your home? .
And that's it! I think I'll do this more often 😊 Now it’s your turn: tell me 5 things about yourself! 🖤
Save the date!
Join us for the Visit Loudoun Weddings Open House @SalamanderResort in Middleburg VA on Sunday, March 11, 11A – 4P. Our honeymoon planning team we will be showcasing unique honeymoon destinations…stop by Honeymoon Islands table to get starting in planning your honeymoon.
Whether you’re starting to plan your dream wedding or just looking for those last little details, the Weddings in Loudoun Open House is just for you. On Sunday, March 11 the Visit Loudoun team is offering a county-wide self-guided tour to showcase what weddings look like in Loudoun. Also, Salamander Resort will be showcasing weddings with displays and unique offerings. While you are with us, sip on complimentary beverages and canapés while touring the resort and witnessing the various venue locations for your rehearsal dinner, ceremony, reception and post-wedding brunch. Also, meet our service professionals as well as preferred vendors for photography, honeymoons, florals, decor and more.
The Visit Loudoun Visitor’s Center in downtown Leesburg will be available throughout the Open House, providing information, maps and “to-go” bags. Get your tickets today @visitloudoun
~ ☕️ MONDAY @ 8AM! 📺 ~ Tune in to Good Morning Washington (WJLA ABC 7 News) & see Tolga (owner & brewer of Belly Love Brewing) talk about Brooke, a beer on a mission, with proceeds going to support the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation! ~ @cf_foundation #cf_foundation
This new wall mount for the glass prints is now available in my art shop! (Swipe to see glass prints) It gives the perfect depth for the glass and is super easy to install. The mount is self adhesive and hangs using standard hardware (a nail, screw, etc) Use link in profile and go to “Shop” #hangingart#nicewalls#glassart
Happy Saturday! We wish it was a bit sunnier here but what can ya do?! Shop online, that’s what! 😂
Have you checked out our website lately?! We’ve been making a lot of changes and additions including adding lots of flooring options to our online store!
💚🍊 // SINGLE-HOP IPA · Unitard HBC-344 // 🍊💚 The 6th edition to our experimental single-hop IPA series featuring hop 344 // juicy & light w/ aromas of grapefruit and oranges // GET IT BEFORE IT'S GONE. // #IPA#IndiaPaleAle#Hops#SingleHopIPA
··· 🍷 Bloodstone Linear Tasting | TOMORROW & SUNDAY | 1-2pm 🍷··· Taste one of our most beloved red wines over the course of 10+ years at our annual Linear Tasting event! ··· Tickets? Visit https://www.hillsboroughwine.com/events ··· Member $15; VIP Member free; non-member $25 ··· Includes a tour of our cellar, an hour long guided tasting with our winemaker, Kerem Baki & 10+ tasters of Bloodstone from our cellars going back to it's earliest production ··· Join us! 🍷 #VerticalTasting#LinearTasting#NOVAWine
CCDC SPRING COCKTAIL MENU CHALLENGE 2018 - REVAMP AND REJUVENATE THE CLASSIC WHISKY SOUR COCKTAIL.
Like most older cocktails and spirits, the drink’s origin story varies with lore as far back as the 1700s. First mention happened in 1870 in a Wisconsin newspaper. Still, yet, some say it’s the American take on the 1920’s famed Pisco Sour made famous in Peru (that too has plenty of fight for its origins as well) - typically you take whisky, simple syrup and lemon juice and shake it up for a wonderfully sweet, tart, frothy and heart warming cocktail served in many a different glassware, with ice or not, often garnished with maraschino cherries and orange wedges. Older recipes call for egg whites and some call for Bitters or other fruit juices. Back in fashion is the New York Sour where floating a healthy dose of bold red Wine on top makes both a new flavor profile but a very pleasing aesthetic as well.
I want to challenge my Virginia bartenders to reinvent the sour using @catoctincreek Roundstone Rye as their base and share it on their spring cocktail menus this year. If you want to join in on the sour revolution, please be sure to tag both the distillery and myself here at JohnnyCCDC with a picture of your cocktail and possibly the printed copy of your menu. We’ll try to stop by and grab a pic and blast you on social media and if you share your recipe with me directly, I’ll put your drink, bar and bartender name on our website in our online recipe book.
Ive joined in on the fun. This is my play on the classic Ward 8 and Pisco Sour cocktails. I’ll call it a Loudoun Ward Sour. Recipe follows:
Loudoun Ward Sour
Glass Type: Rocks
Method: Combine all ingredients in a cocktail shaker no ice and shake vigorously for at least 20 seconds. Add ice to cocktail shaker and then shake once again vigorously for at least 20 seconds. Fine strain drink into empty rocks glass. Consume while cold and refreshing!
2 oz Roundstone Rye
Juice from 1/2 a Lemon
Juice from 1/2 a Tangerine
1 Oz orange zest infused simple syrup***
4 Dashes @dcembitterment Orange Bitters ***Orange Zest Simple Syrup. Thoroughly mix 1 cup of sugar and 1 cup of fi
Shipping out today to an awesome collector in FL! Thanks @itstrishthedish !! (I put a little art bonus in there for you!) Swipe to see what she bought. 🤩🙏❤️
#artcollector#fineglass#onitsway ✨If you want it, you can get it, here! https://squareup.com/store/veronennisartiststudio/
··· 🍷 Bloodstone Linear Tasting | Sat & Sun, Feb. 24 & 25 | 1-2pm 🍷··· Taste one of our most beloved red wines over the course of 10+ years at our annual Linear Tasting event! ··· Tickets? Visit https://www.hillsboroughwine.com/events ··· Member $15; VIP Member free; non-member $25 ··· Includes a tour of our cellar, an hour long guided tasting with our winemaker, Kerem Baki & 10+ tasters of Bloodstone from our cellars going back to it's earliest production ··· Join us! 🍷 #VerticalTasting#LinearTasting#NOVAWine