We have a window!! People aren’t joking when they say it’s a very scary thing to do; making a hole in your van. Very pleased we had my (Laura’s) parents to help out - soo nice to have reassurance from people you trust. We chose a horse box sliding window because we wanted something cheap, small, lightweight and easy to fit. We’re rather pleased with how it looks 😍
Pursuing my dreams I mostly follow my intuition. I try to stick to what I believe in and to not get distracted with what others say is right. It is not always an easy way and I sometimes have to find my courage again. But most of the time I have a deep feeling that I’m on the right track and I trust my ideas. #vanlifedreams#reformlife#courage
In the van it’s not more than 5 degrees, all cabinets are still empty and yet we pay him a visit to his parking lot almost every day.
How wonderful is the idea of driving soon towards the sun and the sea with him. And even if we just hang out in the van a bit, measuring everything and planning the interior, we feel much closer to that warm thoughts... #happy#vanlifer#startingsoon
Home. We think about it a lot. Not so much in terms of a place, but the people that make it feel like home. Things like “I wonder if they’re all hanging out without us.” Or “I wonder if they miss us as much as we miss them.” And on harder days you think about the parents, siblings and nephews who will all be a year older the next time you see them. And FaceTime never really makes you feel as close as you’d like. But then we open up these back doors and look out our window onto the world. These 4 walls look different than the ones we left behind, but they make up our home. They may be cramped, and yet somehow they contain the same amount of love. And while I know we’ll never stop missing our families, I know right now this is where we’re meant to be.
"Patience is the calm acceptance that things can happen in a
different order than the one you have in mind."- David Allen. Patience has always been one of my least favorite things in life and I usually jump at the chance for the next trip or move. Always out chasing a high and coming back empty. As much as I love travel and impulsiveness, I have learned by moving to North Carolina how to enjoy the moment and let the future worry about itself. Full time travel has been my obsession for as long as I can remember and I’m closer than ever to my goal. For now though I’m relishing my time spent with family and working on my business and personal goals. Looking for a Virtual Assistant? Check out @wildgoosecreatives. Big thanks to Free Will Astrology for this weeks inspiration via horoscope. 📷 @shawnstrasburg
Matt and I moved into the van together after less than 9 months of dating. ⠀⠀
Moving into the van involved so many other aspects of my life to be flipped upside down, that at the time, I barely even thought about the fact that I was moving in with a guy for the first time in my life. I also never could have pictured the fact 'moving in' would mean selling 90% of my belongings and putting the remaining 10% into a tin box on wheels. I wouldn’t have it any other way. That tin box has become our home (for now) and this road has become our front yard. ⠀⠀
📸 by @wandering.woods - That time we took the Sprinter to Glacier National Park and were overwhelmed by the immensity of the landscape.
Our first morning there we got up before dawn and drove up the iconic (and slightly terrifying for someone who's afraid of heights) Going-to-the-Sun Road to Logan Pass to watch the sunrise. When we reached the pass everything was lit up and magical and then it got even better when a herd of bighorn sheep wandered past. Neither of us are early morning people so we easily talk ourselves out of getting up to see the sunrise, but it always seems to be amazing when we do.
We took this photo on the way back down and it ended up being a bit labor intensive because there was seriously no shoulder, so it involved lots of waiting followed by frantic scampering about 😁 All the waterfalls were one of my favorite things about Glacier!
Thanks for TAGing #vanlifecommunity 🚍
TAG or @vanlifecommunity 🚍🔖🌏
I love our tiny little kitchen. Being 4 months on the road everything proves to be functional and efficient to us. Of course we sometimes get frustrated because of the little space and all the clearing back and forth. But at the same time everything is within reach. I guess the most important discipline is to stay organized and stick to one system of stowage. #vanlifers#vanlove#vanagon
Sunrise and a cuppa tea on the edge of a cliff seems to be my morning routine these days. Somewhere I can go and think and feel truly at ease. If I start to worry about the future, it all seems to vanish and melt away when I’m near the ocean, it’s so therapeutic and healing 😌☀️🌅