First press using my new 3×5in plates. Have to say I'm imPressed, haha, to say the least. After letting the rosin cure for a couple days this is some super tasty and super terpy stuff! #solventfree#rosin
Where are you taking #theclear ™ today?? Our Elite and Original cartridges are your perfect companion for a walk around our beloved city! Be sure to find your cartridge on our testing page @TheClearMITesting
Very honored to now carry @blueriverterps deconstructed line and the @blueriverterps pax pods. These amazing top quality products are for the real cannabis connoisseurs. #thegreeneasy#blueriver#topquality#terps
Geek alert! Take your art nerd action stations! Here's a follow up to my hand-refined linseed oil project. Column 9 is the control in this experiment, being readily available Alkalai Refined linseed oil (Gamblin). The samples were allowed to dry flat in my northlit studio space with no direct light on them. All the samples yellowed some. The heavily refined commercial oil did not yellow less than the hand refined variety, for all it's brutal treatment. The least yellowing is the walnut oil in columns 7-8. If you've managed to make it this far and haven't nodded off from boredom, here's a list of the different refining variations in each column:
1. Psyllium husk and Alchohol refined oil, bleached post cleaning in the Colorado sun for 30 days, aged five years.
2. A heat-bodied version of #1
3. Linseed oil refined by the salt/sand/water method (SRO)
4. SRO with a small amount of calcium carbonate to act as a buffering agent
5. SRO where the small amount of water remaining post cleaning is allowed to slowly evaporate out of the oil as it ages in a sunny window.
6. SRO resting on a bed of water for two weeks, decanted, then allowed to stand until clear
7. Walnut Oil (M.Graham)
8. Walnut Oil aged in a sunny window
9. Gamblin Alkalai-refined Linseed oil
10. Studio Oil, the oil that I keep my brushes in between sessions, strained and allowed to stand in a shallow tray until it thickens to the viscosity of a light-bodied stand oil
Just putting this out there for the benefit of fellow mad scientists like @mhoilpaints