How to make friends in Dublin on New Year's Eve : A Rough Guide
1) Props : as you can see, the crowns & confetti made their rounds. Got a sweet spot by stage thanks to them.
2) Brave the crowd : still dance with anyone that grabs you and twirls you, having zero cares on slamming into those around you 'cause they're about 2 seconds from doing the same.
3) Drink. A LOT : this should be self explanatory. It's NYE & Ireland. Duh.
4) Sing a longs : literally sing anything at the top of your lungs. People will love you.
5) Push comes to shove : if someone slams onto your foot in heels and proceeds to push you ... just shove. The random people you've met will actually have your back more than their country(wo)man.
6) GUINNESS : it will fill you up, but it's really fun to watch people around you drink it to their demise. Maybe throw a glass of water down from time to time? Probably nah.
7) MOST IMPORTANTLY : become friends with your bartender. 'Cause when your tall friend knocks over 2 full rounds on the bar ... they may give you a shot instead of throwing you out. Just sayin'.
Disclaimer : you will have copious amounts of fun and if you're lucky enough to capture it, you'll look like @tvasinko & I in slide #1 . Also, we didn't actually go in Temple Bar itself, we were at random bar on side street, but it's pretty! #dublinforthewin#ireland#nye2018#nye#templebar#flugeflagen#thisis30#ooothatsvaseszti#dranks#guinness#throwback#tbt#lategram
'Aalto University is an insanely great place. There’s so much diverse expertise here that we can, pretty much, do what we want. Even though there’s no shortage of passion and competence, it’s important that we students don’t burn ourselves out before we even transition to improving and changing society in working life. We work with great passion, which makes it especially important that we measure our jobs and projects to match our own ability to cope.
My New Year’s resolution is that the Student Union will institute various measures in 2018 to promote the wellbeing of our whole community in cooperation with the University.' Noora Vänttinen, Aalto University Student Union Board Chair 2018 #otaniemistories#aalto#aaltouniversity#aaltoyliopisto#ayy @ayy_fi #studentunion#nye2018#newyearsresolution#wellbeing