we care about the mental health of our community and overall wellness for nursing students so much that we planned this event with these things as our theme. This Valentine’s Day we want to focus on you, and give back to our community mental health supports. We have some amazing prizes that you can win!! 💌 we hope to see you there 🏹
An easy 1 week contest. Follow @beanhereyeg and tag a friend in the comments! Each friend tagged = 1 entry. Winner receives a $25 gift card to @beanhereyeg, a $25 gift card to @cactusclubcafe and a set of 4 @tealyratea mugs!
So I got a 2hr #Thai#massage for the first time with #cupping and thanks to my #norquest insurance plan, it was 100% covered. (All my norquest buddies 😉) OMG let me tell you, it was the most intense experience to have a Thai woman work on my body like she did @atouchofthaimassage its wasn't just a massage, it was an experience. My body was so tense and she performed magic on me. Best massage experience of my life 💖💖⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐🌟🌟
TOMORROW is the start of the new term and we wanted to give the new students a compiled list of tips to surviving term 1!
1. Get to know some people in your classes on the first day, exchange numbers add each other and lean on them throughout the semester. Forming a good study group is a huge benefit
2. Have an organized planner or notebook, write down exam and assignment days as you get them and write out what readings you have to do for the week
3. Drink lots of water, bring a healthy lunch, and drink coffee to stay awake ☕️😉 if that’s your thing
4. Ask for help! In the LPN page, in our DMs, or your fabulous instructors. If you are struggling with a concept or a course don’t be shy, Norquest has amazing staff who really want to see you succeed.
5. Use the college resources: the library, tutoring, SA, counselling and health services to make your semester run smoother
6. Show up on time and fully prepared for all labs, and classes for that matter. Being successful as a nurse starts in the classroom by coming well prepared and on time
7. Have fun! Don’t be afraid to laugh at yourself in the making of becoming a nurse. Find a balance between life and school and remember you got this!
8. Leave all textbooks at home, unless your instructor asks you to bring them for a specific day 📚 don’t break your backs!
If you have any tips to add for the new term students comment below!
Happy new year! We are almost into the 2018 winter term and we wanted to highlight some students who have graduated and are now working LPNs in the city! We’d like you to meet @daniellearimas who graduated last year from the program 🎉 Danielle has shared with us some tips of how she survived nursing school •
• “I survived nursing school by the help of my bestfriend who I met during nursing school. She’s my backbone, my study buddy and that one person who really understands the struggles of a nursing student — in class and during clinicals. I currently work in Post Partum and it’s a dream come true. Keep on pushing forward and don’t give up, even on the hardest of days❤️” - Danielle A., Class of 2017 •
we hope that all of you new students meet your person to help you get through school, find a study buddy and make some new memories during the process ✨