We are so excited to finally share this on the blog today! This year we decided to enter our first major photography contest – Shoot & Share Photo Contest. The contest is open to people world wide – world wide!! We never really expected anything to come from it since it’s on a world scale, but we ended up as finalists, as well as among the top percentiles and we couldn’t be more excited and grateful! To be considered as a finalist and top percentile in the world is beyond what we could have ever imagined, and something that we will never take for granted.
Check out the post, link in bio
Small elopement weddings are sometimes my favorite thing ever. With just a handful of guests, having fewer tables allows for more creative possibilities to match your floral to the linens and to the decor. This lovely table was inspired by #katespadenewyork and made for a beautiful, bold and fun statement. @jenniferkathrynweddings had such an amazing vision and I had so much fun bringing in the floral elements to her design!
The results of the #shootandshare contest are in! This photo of the lovely @damaris__x placed the best out of 50 pictures I submitted. It was a finalist placing 209th out of 14,265 photos in “The Bride” category.
Dress: @lasting_impressions25 by @maggiesotterodesigns
As artists we fall in love with our creations over and over again but rarely put ourselves out there for the world to see... >EDIT: UNLESS YOU COUNT SOCIAL MEDIA?< This year we selected 50 of our favorite images from 2017 to participate in the @shootandshare photo contest (the worlds only free + fair photo contest). Roughly 400,000 photos within 25 categories were submitted and 50 million votes were cast. Crazy right?!!! Anywhoooo - we just uncovered our results! 1-top 100, 1-finalist/top 500(this one!), 7-top 10%, 13-top 20%, 7-top 30%. Anyone can enter photos in the contest and it’s totally free! Nobody knows who took the photos, but everyone votes for the winners. The photos with the most votes win. SO MUCH FUN!
We asked Lindsey if she had advice for couples currently planning their wedding, and this is what she had to say: “Get those pretty stamps, track down those gold candlesticks, and heck, spray paint makes anything gold.” Moral of the story: make sure your wedding, whether it’s an elopement of a big party, speaks to YOU.
Photography: @candileonard | Ceremony Venue: Triple Falls | Dupont State Park | Floral: @farmgirlflowers | Stationery: Caroline Richardson | Videography: @ farmervisuals | Wedding Cake: The Back Porch Bakery | Rentals: Classic Event Rentals | Hair: Jillian Marie Beauty | Makeup: Jillian Marie Beauty | Wedding Dress: Coco Melody | Veil: @amazonfashion | Headpiece: @amazonfashion | Submitted via: @matchology
just hangin’ + lovin’ on the Cliffs of Moher ✨ it’s been a freaking dream driving around the windy roads of the country side with endless fields of green + exploring 700 foot cliffs with these guys for their bridals 💫
Are you looking for the perfect bridal shower or bachelorette gift? Check out our selection of robes and lingerie in store and online at emmaandgracebridal.com!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Photo: @lindseyboluyt | Robe: @forloveandlemons
Wow 😲 where has the week gone! Guess what we made it to Friday. 🙌🏼 The days may be long but the weeks and the years go by fast! So make sure you “collect moments” during those long days to look back at because when you blink the year will have gone by. #collectmoments What are your favorite moments so far this year?
New on the blog! Kayla & Garrett drove all the way from Grande Prairie to take in the mountains for their engagement photos. We're so happy that it turned out to be such a beautiful day, look at that sunlight.
See their day on the blog - link in bio
Are your photos still sitting on a hard drive somewhere? What good is that? Print them! Printing is the best way to archive and share your beautiful photos. Now is a great time to order an album before the rush of summer. Not to mention Mother's Day, Father's Day and summertime anniversaries are coming up. They make beautiful gifts that LAST!
Your girls - they see you through it all. You may have known some of them since you were in diapers. They came over with wine and sweatpants during those heartbreaks before you met this one. They helped scheme and plan and celebrate with you leading up to this day. And they sure as hell are gonna be there to squeal and cry and cheer you on the second they see you in that wedding dress. #bridesmaids
If my body had a battery it would be running looooooooooow. 👇🏻👇🏻 I need to get out of the house this weekend and surround myself with non-business related things. I want to go to colorful spaces with wacky decor and people watch like the observer I am. "I'm taking the weekend off" is like one the dirtiest phrase I could ever say. But, the time has come for me to recharge my spirit and I'm going to unplug later today until Monday. What are some of your favourite aesthetically pleasing places in the city? @ikeacanada is a NO BRAINER for me - I love love love seeing all of the color that can be incorporated into unique spaces. Drop a comment with your favourite places to recharge in #yeg ! ✨
HEYYY! I haven’t done a 2018 Friday introduction yet, so here I am, laughing hard with one of my favorite people of all time, @jenniferkathrynweddings. I’m Casey, and I’m the flower lady over at La Rue Floral. I always enjoy reading what other people have to say in these posts, so I’ll try to throw out some interesting facts you may not know.
1. I play the flute! I started playing when I was seven years old, and have very vivid memories of slamming my flute repeatedly over a chair when I first started because I was so frustrated as a beginner. 😆My mom encouraged me stay with it, and I love her for that. I’ve since mastered both the flute AND my patience for learning new things! Now I’m teaching myself guitar.
2. I'm about to marry a dude named Andrew who I met online about three years ago. I used to be embarrassed to tell people that's how we met until I realized...damn, he's a catch actually, sooo...DIBS. We have a ton of fun together. We're getting married at @blackstoneriversranch next summer and we're pretty excited 🤗
3. I will stop mid-sentence and start dancing when 90's Hip Hop starts to play. It's like a contagious disease that has no cure. I danced professionally for a long time in a Hip Hop company, and was one of the founding members of CODA. You can check out @coda_world to see one of my best accomplishments to date as a human on this earth.
4. My favorite game is Connect Four. Yes, the game made for ages 6 and up 😊. I can spend hours playing that game with anyone who’s brave enough to step up.
5. I love a good fire! 🔥 We grew up camping in my family, so the smell of fire pits takes me back to my childhood and all the fun memories of my family. Im drawn to fire pits and love love love sitting around them with friends.
I hope to meet you soon! With all the fun inquiries I’ve been receiving here in Colorado, I decided to write a helpful post about five things to know before contacting your florist. It’s got some useful tips and insight. You can find it in the journal section of our website in the link above 👆🏼
Happy Friday! I wish you all a lovely weekend!!
Time for the monthly #FridayIntroductions and a few fun facts about me:⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
1. I am an #Atlanta based photographer, which you probably already knew. Editorial weddings and styled portrait shoots are my photographic passion. ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
2. I recently expanded my business by launching Duke&Co Media where I consult with businesses on ways to expand their promotion and marketing strategies. ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
3. I have a super cute fur baby named Phil, he has his own insta account, you should totally follow him! @phillyphildog ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
4. I am not nearly as cool as this picture makes me look... I'm also not nearly as egotistical as that statement made me sound, lol. But who says we can't like photos of ourselves and think we look cool, I happen to like this one, if you don't have a photo of yourself that you love we need to change that :) ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
5. I am an introvert... Not a great trait for someone in my line of work, lol! While I am an introvert who needs massive amounts of time alone to recover when I have to interact with a lot of people, I actually love meeting new people and getting to know my clients. I could sit and talk business strategy with my creative colleagues for hours... Just ask them, they probably need a massive amount of recovery time after talking to me, ha! ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
6. I once "ran" a half marathon, and by ran I mean I ran like a mile and then jogged, walked and crawled the remaining 12.1 miles... But I finished :)⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Sent via @planoly #planoly
Here's my truth: the more FREE I am the more I desire to share, to show love, to create, to get out of my comfort zones and to roam unknown trails. Because life well lived isn't alone. Life is raw, painful, joyful, chaotic, and full of growth, and chances. Risk is important. Taking chances and learning to love in an impossible season is good. LOVE God, love others, no matter the differences of race, wealth, status, gender, or sexual orientation. LOVE God, love others.
Are you newly engaged and on the the search for a wedding band for yourself or your man? How’s that going? Not easy hey!?
Luckily I’ve been through this before and have learned that you’re looking for something meaningful, comfortable and long-lasting for your adventurous lifestyle.
Does that sound like something you’re after? We should definitely chat! Send me a DM if you’d like to learn more about a working with me on a custom wedding band.☺️
Pictured is a 14k rose and yellow gold mountain band featuring Mt Illiamna in Alaska.
Together is a beautiful place to be... check out Kammi & Kyles wedding over on the blog! If you are obsessing over her dress like we are, join us for our @pronovias 'White One' trunk show April 13th-14th! photo: @kaleyraephoto
Although organic, whimsical bouquets have become my absolute favorite and specialty, I'll occasionally pull a classic bridal bouquet out of my hat because it’s 👌🏼and suits the bride perfectly. Dreamy white blooms with ruffles and volume mixed with soft subtle sage seemed fitting for today’s sunshine.
Photography By @lovelyvalentine
Currently, my absolute favorite things✨:
1. Baby moving around after every meal and when I rest.
2. Couples couples couples! I just adore being around those almost getting married feels and hearing their Love story!
3. Collaborating with other creatives! Isn’t this just so fun! @therealjoelmichael you really killed it with your perspective and catching those behind the scene shots!
Double tap if you love those things too! 🌿
Slow down and enjoy the beautiful journey. Planning a wedding should be a fun & stress free time. You can do this by choosing quality vendors and a team to make your day fun, memorable, and special. Just some advice I thought I’d share. This also applies to everyday life and something I am currently working on with my family. Photo by @tesscomrie from our 1:1 with @soilandstem