A little Monday motivation from @annie.k.kay and @pilates.downtown with #jackknife ! #day21#MarchMATness2018#matpilates#pilates#pilateseveryday#pilatescollective#pilatesdowntown
Check back to see @c.gelatt's Friday MS class with Side Kick!
#Repost @pilates.downtown with @get_repost
Repost from our owner @annie.k.kay
Thank you @mayapingle and @pilatescollectivedenver for tagging me to perform jackknife for March MATness 😊Jackknife is always a humbling exercise for me, as it easily shows the imbalances between my right and left sides of my body. However, it offers a killer engagement of the hamstrings and abdominals! I think I might like this exercise now 😎
HOMENS PODEM FAZER PILATES?
Ao contrário do que muitos pensam, o Pilates não é uma atividade física somente para mulheres. O Pilates é para todos!
E quais são os benefícios para os homens?
- Tonifica, fortalece e define os músculos; - aumenta a disposição sexual; - reduz o risco de câncer de próstata; - combate o estresse; - corrige a postura e alivia dores na coluna.
Venha cuidar da sua saúde e fazer uma aula experimental gratuita!!
marilyn killin’ today’s #marchmatness 🔥 day 19 ; jackknife. throughout the exercise, have a strong back connection to the mat, so you can reach tall with the lower body. modification : place a ball between your ankles or thighs to active the inner thighs + seat. give this exercise a try + have fun with it! 💕 #pilatesqueen#marchmatness2018
NEW PILATES CLASS SATURDAY 7-8am 💗💙💚 Ok so I have decided to sacrifice that extra hour in bed on a Saturday morning to run another Pilates course. What’s an hour anyway? I can’t think of a better way to start the weekend. It just means I need to be a good girl and go to bed early on Friday night.
From Saturday 21st April we will be running a 5 week Mixed Ability Pilates class for only £42.
Places are very limited and like the other Pilates courses once you have the space you will always get priority booking. I’m very happy to say clients rarely leave. So don’t miss out and book now. 💗💙💚 #Pilates#pilatesinstructor#matpilates#Raynespark#Wimbledon#SW20#Fitfam#fitness#exercise#health#mind#body#soul
Hay muchos tipos de clases de #Pilates ; con implementos (materiales), únicamente con la esterilla (#MatPilates )... ¿Cuál es tu clase favorita? Miriam @_mimamim preparó una clase en circuito la semana pasada y hoy os espera a las 15.30h en el C. C. #CanRull . Más horarios de Pilates en la web ➡️ www.befrequency.com
Happy Mat Move Monday! Today, our awesome member Carol K. in Brandi's Reformer 2.0 class shows us how to do a bridge on the chair. They are using the pedal to increase the difficulty of the exercise, but this can also be done on a mat or a raised, stationery object (a box). Here are some pointers when doing Pilates bridge: - lie on mat, whole body aligned
- feet hip distance apart in parallel, flat on mat
- knees hip distance apart, parallel, and slightly bent towards ceiling
- arms by sides on mat for stability
- slowly peel spine up off mat, shoulders remain on the mat
- make sure hips are even, one is not higher than the other
- hold the position for several inhale and exhales
- begin to roll spine down, really paying attention to your spinal articulation
- repeat as desired
Variations: -Ball Squeezes:
- small exercise ball in between knees
- keep a gentle squeeze on the ball when peeling up off the mat
- when in full bridge position, pulse your knees into and out of the ball. The harder the squeeze, the better!! - Single Leg:
- when in full bridge position, bring one leg perpendicular to the ceiling
- from this position, you can either lower your leg down towards the floor, bringing the knee parallel to the stable knee, and then back up to the ceiling...or you can roll down with your leg still raised, and then roll back up, knee still raised. - in both cases, keep hips even and stable; one should not be higher than the other and they should not shift. Also, make sure your raised leg doesn't go past a 90° angle from your hip...you don't want it going towards your face.
- make sure to repeat on other leg if doing leg raises
We would love to hear from you! Have any questions or suggestions for mat moves? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, comment below, or give us a call at (703) 828-0779!