Have you seen the healthiest recipe on the website? Get a super boost from this meal.🤗 Perfectly paired with shishito peppers 🔥🤤 Looking for a great source of B vitamins, iron, and vitamin A? Liver is loaded with these vitamins and is also a fantastic source of magnesium and one of the purest ways of consuming it (commonly supplemented with sprays, powders, and capsules). In the words of @drjoshaxe liver is the most nutrient dense superfood on the planet.
It’s a million degrees in San Diego right now, but let’s just imagine it’s a cool Fall day and you’re in the mood for some good old fashion comfort food. I’ve got you covered with this not so easy #EZrecipemonday 😬meal. My husband said this dish was a 10/10 tonight and that’s the best rating he’s even given me 🙌🏼 #allthefeels#comfortfood#crockpotrecipes#kindaeasyrecipes#braisedshortribs 🍷 Braised Beef over Pappardelle Pasta
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 5 hours
2-5 pounds of bone-in beef short ribs (4-6 pieces)
1 cup flour
¼ cup olive oil
1 cups of roughly chopped onions
1 cups of roughly chopped celery
1 cup of rough chopped carrots
2 tablespoons tomato paste (highly concentrated is better)
2 cups of red wine
2 cups of chicken stock
2 cups of water
1 small bunch of thyme
1-2 sprigs rosemary
Sea Salt and pepper to taste
Pappardelle Pasta (for serving)
1 Turn on crock pot and set to low.
2. Pat the short ribs dry with a paper towel and season with salt and pepper. Dip in flour on all sides and shake off excess.
3. Heat 2-3 tablespoons of olive oil in a large pot on high heat and add all of the short ribs. Sear on all sides until deeply browned. Transfer to the short ribs to a separate plate.
4. Using the excess fat and oil from the pan add carrots, celery, and onion. Cook on medium heat until the veggies are soft (about 5 minutes). Add the tomato paste and cook for a few minutes, stirring everything together.
5. Add red wine and stir, making sure to scrape the bottom of the pan. Bring the wine and veggies to boil, then reduce the heat to low.
6. After the wine has reduced, add chicken stock/water and stir. Pour all contents into the crock pot and add thyme, rosemary, salt and pepper. Place short ribs in the crock pot, making sure the liquid covers the short ribs by about 2/3 (don’t submerge). Remove any extra liquid and cover and cook for 5 hours on low.
7. To serve, ladle the ribs, veggies, and sauce over a plate of cooked parpadelle pasta. Garnish with🍋 juice and parsley.
Coconut aminos is a good soy sauce alternative and I don't think I can ever go back to soy sauce! Did you know soy is one of the most harmful foods to our health? Despite it being labeled a health food, soy is one of the top GMO foods and it responsible for an array of health problems: digestion problems, tumor growths, infertility, mineral malabsorption, failure to thrive etc. But why do other cultures with soy in their diet have great health? Well in the traditional culture the soy is non-gmo soy and it is fermented. #soya#soy#soysauce#healthylifestyle#healthieroptions#kindaeasyrecipes