Today I whipped up two different recipes using ✨maca powder✨. Maca powder is a superfood that naturally boosts your mood and energy levels (without the jitters caffeine can give), and it aids in healthy hormone balance! It's also yummy and super easy to incorporate into foods you already eat. Check out the temporary link in our bio to learn more about maca and 5 easy ways to eat it! 😋
Pictured: pumpkin energy balls with maca! Made these today and they're 👌🏻
Hot tea and Paleo Muffins are a great way to start your day! These delish beauties are easy to make and much more nutrient-dense than your standard bakery muffin. So they’ll provide you with longer lasting, stable energy without overloading you on sugar.
You can find the recipe in our store on the website. Look for the Ebook!
Pumpkin, Haloumi & Avocado Salad is probably my favourite salad of all time. It just doesn’t get any better than this!⠀
1/2 Kent or Jap pumpkin, cut in bite sized chunks ⠀
1 block Haloumi cheese, sliced 1cm thick)⠀
1/2 Avocado, diced⠀
2 tbsp olive oil⠀
1 tbsp EVOO⠀
1 tbsp balsamic vinegar⠀
Optional: pine nuts on top!⠀
What to do:⠀
1. Preheat oven to 180C / 350F⠀
2. Place pumpkin pieces on baking tray and drizzle with 1 tbsp of olive oil. Mix together, then seperate out. Cook for 30-40 mins until browned, flipping pieces halfway through.⠀
3. Mix EVOO & Balsamic Vinegar in small jar and shake to combine to make a basic balsamic vinaigrette.⠀
4. Heat frypan on medium-low and add olive oil. Fry Haloumi pieces for approx 2 mins each side or until browned. Be careful not to burn - they cook fast!⠀
5. Add lettuce to bowl, sprinkle with salt and pepper and drizzle vinaigrette over.⠀
6. Add in avocado, pumpkin, Haloumi and pine nuts on top and serve immediately!
There are some new faces around here- time for an introduction!
My name is Vicki, I'm 27, married, and have completed 4 rounds of whole30 (see profile link for my story!). A paleo-ish lifestyle helps me manage my disability and chronic pain. I have spastic diplegic cerebral palsy, work in a music store, and sing in two ensembles.
10 random facts about me:
10. I was raised on old school Nintendo games- Legend of Zelda, Super Mario Bros. 3, and so on. I'm in love with the Zelda series and own all the collectors books.
9. I can't remember if our dishes are clean or dirty ever, so we have a Star Wars dishwasher magnet.
8. I'm trying to learn ASL! Man, what a hard (but beautiful) language.
7. I haaaaaaate being cold. I've got heated throws everywhere and the most awesome houseshoes.
6. I'm a speed reader. 📖 Never took a course, just grew up that way. For reference, Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince took me an hour and a half. It makes my husband so mad. 😂
5. My all-time fave author is probably either Lois McMaster Bujold or @brenebrown. @jenhatmaker is becoming a current fave too.
4. I'm a sucker for cute animals. Most of my follows on Insta are for dogs and cats (keeps me from comparing myself to others too much). Current faves: @bordercolliedraco @dexter_little.red.collie @coen.ava.rey
3. I own 7 pairs of shoes.
2. Along those lines, I hate clothes shopping.
1. My last name is Singer- and my husband and I met singing in college. Yes, I'm serious. 🎶