#Sunday roast chicken (stuffed with lemons, garlic, and herbs) with root vegetables. This easy one-pan dish is my favorite for entertaining because it’s easy to make and cleanup. And I get to spend my time with guests instead of the kitchen!
This right here... this is what happens when you get hungry for two of your favorite foods so you buy the ingredients for both and then can never choose which to make first. And the ingredients wind up being close to their "best buy" date, and have made a life for themselves at the back of the fridge. So you figure you might as well experiment, you know? And then something magical happens.
That something magical is Pigs in a Blanket Baked Brie.
Sidenote: I never made garlicky brie before this, and now it's just my favorite thing ever.
2nd sidenote: There is a how-to video in the blog post!
#Recipe link in my profile 👉@hostthetoast👈
Taking on @jamieoliver 's 5 ingredient recipe for lamb shoulder and flat bread. Preserved lemon and ras el hanout really bring on those vibrant, complex and delicious Moroccan flavours. Took some liberty with the lamb recipe adding pureed roasted peppers and jardiniere cut carrots. #jamieoliver5ingredients#foodgays#hautecuisines#moroccanflavours
🥞Today is #PancakeDay !! For the last recipe, I made a Blackberry Ricotta & Lemon Pancake topped with Maple & Black Berry Syrup. You could also serve with some lemon curd! The ricotta and egg whites make this pancake light and fluffy. #homequeercooking
* 1 1/2 cups self rising flour
* 1/4 cup sugar
* 4 eggs, separated
* 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
* 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
* 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
* 1 tablespoon fresh lemon zest
* 1 1/2 cups blueberries
* 1/4 teaspoon salt
* Sift the dry ingredients in a bowl and whisk (Flour, Sugar, Salt) * Separate the egg yolks/egg whites (save the egg whites) and add the egg yolks, ricotta, vanilla, lemon zest and buttermilk. If you don’t have buttermilk, use whole milk and add a tablespoon of white vinegar and let sit 5 minutes before adding to the mixture. * Mix the wet and dry ingredients, don’t over mix. * In another bowl, whisk the egg whites until you get stiff peaks. An easy way to find out if you have a stiff peak is to lift up the whisk after whipping, if the peak of egg whites on top is limp or dropping, its a soft peak, if it stands up straight with a slight limp, its stiff! * Add the blackberries. Then gently fold the egg whites in the mixture until combined. Don’t over mix or you’ll lose the light texture. * Cook on a medium heat on a griddle or pan that has been lightly coated with butter or oil * Ladle 1/3 cup of the batter in the pan * Once the pancake has bubbles on top, flip and cook until golden brown. * Serve with Maple Syrup and Fresh Berries! .
🥞In the words of @rupaulofficial and @bigfreedia ”Must be jelly cuz’ Jam don’t shake; PEANUT BUTTAH PEANUT BUTTAH PEANUT BUTTAH”. Tomorrow is #PancakeDay , for my second recipe, I made Vegan Peanut Butter Pancakes with Grape Jam and Maple Syrup. A lot of people in the U.K HATE Peanut Butter! But I swear these are light and delicious. This recipe is inspired by Rosa Parks “Featherlite Pancakes”, a recipe of hers found written on a bank deposit slip! If you try any of these #pancake recipes make sure to tag them with #homequeercooking ! .
* 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
* 1 cup self rising flour * 2 tbsp maple syrup
* 1/3 cup peanut butter
* 1 tsp vanilla paste
* 1 tsp cinnamon * 1 tsp baking powder
* ½ tsp baking soda
* Pinch of sea salt
* Coconut oil for cooking
* Place the dry ingredients in a bowl, flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Whisk. * Place the milk, maple syrup, peanut butter and vanilla paste in another bowl, mix together till smooth.
* Mix the wet ingredients with the dry until combined. Don’t mix too much.
* Fry pancakes on low-medium heat and flip once the pancakes bubble on top. * Serve with grape jam, maple syrup and powdered sugar. . .
🥞 Tomorrow is #PancakeDay in the U.K! I made three recipes to share for you all to try for this delicious day! This is a Blue Cheese and Green Onion Pancake topped with Honey and Caramelized Onion Jam. It’s savory and rich and perfect for dinner! ———————————————
* 1 cup self rising flour
* 1 tsp baking powder
* pinch of salt
* Pinch of black pepper
* Pinch of Cayenne Pepper
* 1 Tablespoon Sugar * 1 cup milk
* 2 tbsp melted butter
* ½ cup green onions, shredded
* 1/4 cup blue cheese, cut in small pieces
* olive oil for frying
* Honey and Caramelized Onion Jam for Serving. .
Place flour, baking powder, salt, black pepper, cayenne pepper, sugar, in a bowl and whisk.
Add milk, butter, onion and blue cheese to a separate bowl.
Mix together until combined. Some lumps are okay.
Ladle and Fry them over a medium-low heat on a frying pan with a bit of butter or oil.
Flip once bubbles/holes form on top.
Serve with Honey and Blue Cheese. .