We are our kids greatest influence. They pick up on our good and bad habits. We must lead by example in all parts of our life; health/wellness, responsibility, love, and nutrition. Our kids look up and emulate our every move. We have an opportunity to help them establish healthy habits today that will fuel them into the future. Nutrition is key to fueling our bodies for success and our kids need that fuel to lead others.
A couple weeks ago, Jena introduced our girls to the power of smoothies, via the infamous Vitamix blender, jam packed full of fruit and vegetables. The girls love them and recognize that they are packed full of goodness. Just the other day Sawyer told her mom that eating cookies made her heart dirty, this didn't stop her from eating them, but she recognized what she was putting in her body. Our family is far from perfect when it comes to nutrition, but we try to live by the 80/20 rule. Eat healthy 80% of the time and let go the other 20%. This teaches the girls that it's ok to splurge from time to time, but eating healthy is an important habit to establish.
Habits established at an early age tend to stick with us throughout our life. An important part of developing young leaders is helping our kids establish these habits early. Health/wellness, responsibility, love, and nutrition are all habits to establish today and the best way to help our kids establish new habits is for us to demonstrate them...
#BetterInBeaverdale returns this Thursday, March 29th. Visit @lejardindsm, Chef’s Kitchen, Green Family Flooring, @boesentheflorist, @repinneddesign, @uptempo_music, Goodsons Pizzeria, @christophersdsm, @backcountryiowa, and Beaverdale Books for great deals, promotions, and special offers.
Auriculotherapy doesn’t just reduce pain or symptoms of the complaint but actually helps facilitate the natural healing process of the body!
It’s so important to treat the underlying cause of the condition and not just mask the symptoms.
Auriculotherapy on a regular basis helps the natural, self-regulating homeostatic mechanisms of the body by diminishing overactive bodily functions or increasing underactive functions.
Made a quick start on my buddy @merryturphy back piece before heading out of town for the weekend! I’ll post some photos when we make progress on color. Headed now to the @villainarts Chicago Tattoo Arts Convention for the weekend! I’m all booked for the show but stop by the booth and say hello if you’re around! Can’t wait to see so many friends and meet some new people!