Completed this WW2 dio yesterday, It shows a Panther Ausf A in Italy 1943.
Panther & Figures - The Panther is from Tamiya and is their old Panther Ausf A and was built straight from the box. I drilled holes in the mufflers and added fly screen to the air intakes for the grills.
I made a new machine gun mount for the commanders hatch using plastic rod and replaced the kit MG-34 with a Dragon Models MG-34 with ammo cannsiter. The netting is from Verlinden Products which I have add for a few years, I replaced the kit tow cable with model boat string and painted it and glued it to the kits end sections.
The tracks are the old rubber ones which still look great but don't sag like they should so I used black sewing thread and looped it thru where the tracks should sag and tied the tracks down with it.
The standing figure is from ICM with equipment from ICM and Verlinden Products and the two tank crew are a mix of Dragon models and ICM parts. The head sets are from Dragon Models and I used sewing thread for the comms wiring, I also used Tamiya decals for the figure's uniforms.
Base - is a picture from which I removed the glass and then glued the back into place and then built up the middle section with foam board. I then used a mix of sand and spakfilla and covered the base.
While the base was drying I sprinkled more sand over the base and used kitty litter for the rocks. I then used a thin piece of plastic card and dapped it into the mix to make the tank tacks.
The destroyed rock wall was done using kitty litter and the grass tufts are from Army painter and the tree's and shrubs are fromm Woodland Scenics Olive Green fine foliage.
The figures, tank and base were painted and weathered using Vallejo Paints and pastel chalks. #militarymodels#militarymodel#modelmaker#militarymodelkits#militarydiorama#135scale#modeldiorama#customdiorama#dioramas#diostructure#dioramaset#dioramaclub#scalemodels#scalemodelling#panthertank#ww2dioramas#worldwar2diorama#vallejopaints#woodlandscenics
WORK IN PROGRSS Hi All, Got myself the old Tamiya Panther Ausf-A kit and it will belong to the 1st SS-Panzer Division and set in Italy 1943. Once I built the tank I added grills to the fans and made U bolts from plastic card. I made a new gun mount on the copula using plastic card and used string for the metal tow cables. The netting is from Verlinden and I applied it using watered down PVA glue before I took the pics. I painted it with matt black and then sprayed it with hair speay and then used Dark Sand and once dry I then did the chipping using a hard bristle brush. Once the chipping was done I added rust to certain areas using pastel chalks. I then gave it a wash with medium brown and once dry I then drybrushed and weathered it wven more with Vallejo paints. I still need to do the dirt and grime and then paint the figures and make the base. #militarymodels#militarymodel#militarydiorama#modelmaker#135scale#modeldiorama#customdiorama#dioramas#diostructure#dioramaset#dioramaclub#scalemodels#scalemodelling#ww2dioramas#worldwar2diorama#panthertank
Just completed another small 1:35, 2 figure vignette. This small vignette is of the 5th SS Panzer Division Wiking in Poland 1944.
This one shows a SS-Hauptsturmfuhrer (Captain) wearing his M1944 dot pattern tunic and pants and the SS-Scharfuhrer (Sergeant) wearing his black field jacket and M1944.
The figures figure upper and lower sections are form an old ICM tank crew kit I had in my cupboard and the arms are a mix of Dragon and Masterbox. The Captain head is a Dragon head and the Sergeant is a ICM head.
The figures were painted and weathered using Vallejo, AK interactive paints and pastel chalks and once dry I used Tamiya decals for the insignia and epelets
The base is a pice of thick balsa wood and the cobble stone road and foot path is an old vac form street corner and I just cut out what I need and glued in on the base.
The street lamp is from Tamiya and the rubble is a mix of sand/kitty litter and spakfilla. Once the mix was ready I just appiled it to the base and once dry I painted and weathered the base using Vallejo paints and pastel chalks.
The Wiking emblem was saved from the net then I used my printer to shrink it down and print it off and then cut it out and glued it in place. #militarymodels#militarymodel#militarydiorama#modelmaker#militarymodelkits#modeldiorama#customdiorama#diostructure#dioramas#dioramaset#dioramaclub#vallejopaints#ww2dioramas#worldwar2diorama#135scale#scalemodels#scalemodelling