Happy Saturday from our farm to you!!! It’s all about sunshine & work here today.. just how we like it! Did you guys see this new sign in the grill area of our kitchen?!? I still can’t believe I found this big baby & I’m falling in love with it here. See where I found it, how you can get one customized for your home, & more photos of it on the blog: Lizmarieblog.com - link in my profile. Head on over to the blog and let me know what you think of it!! Now, here is the real question I need answered: does this sign look like an old chippy find?! Let me know below. I can’t wait to hear your answers!! #whitecottagefarm http://liketk.it/2v1dP #liketkit @liketoknow.it
Happy Saturday!!! It’s spring here at the shop & we are all getting our new garden journals ready!! Stop in today and get ready for spring with us! #thefoundcottage ps. Our journals are green so you can’t pinch us.. right?
Snacks are an important element of cottaging... the opportunity to laze and relax invites the desire to graze on comforting foods while basking in a social setting of good conversation and laughter. Here are some of the snacks we like to pack and prep on our trips that are easy, tasty and nutritious: • fresh veggies and seed crackers with hummus (experiment with different beans in place of chickpeas for variety - see insta story for quick #recipe )
• Ants on a Log 🐜 - Anyone remember eating this? We use almond butter in place of peanut butter and top with dried currants or chopped dates and a sprinkle of hemp seeds • Baked apples - Baked whole, topped with cinnamon and drizzled with maple syrup 🍏 • Popcorn 🍿 - pop it, top with melted coconut oil, drizzle with maple syrup and sprinkled pink salt for a sweet & savoury flavour; or, too with melted grass-fed butter, pink salt and nutritional yeast for a cheesy flavour
• Nice cream - the flavour options are endless! 🍦 • guacamole 🥑- with everything, on everything (nachos, veggies, seed crackers/bread...)
• homemade trail mix - make a mix of high quality dark chocolate chips, raw almonds, raw pumpkin seeds and sprinkle with a little sea salt and a little powdered chili 🌶 • chia seed pudding - mix with cocoa for chocolate flavour or vanilla, top with fresh chopped fruit or purées
• edamame - buy organic to avoid GM versions
• dried tomato slices 🍅- you’ll need a dehydrator to make these - but they’re so good! Slice them thicker for a chewy texture