I haven’t shared here in so long because... well, just life haha but I threw together a new dish tonight of things that sounded like they’d go well together. A total experimental dish that turned out really good!
• 1 pack of all beef organic bratwursts (5 total)
• 6 cups of Brussels sprouts (I didn’t measure, I just used a ton)
• 5 oz container of feta cheese
• 2 white onions
• 3 Fuji apples
• 1 cup of quinoa (I used white, but red would be good too, just depends on your preference, or in my case what you have on hand 😏)
• Grape seed oil • Pink Himalayan Sea Salt (as much as you like, for taste)
• 2 Tablespoons of lemon juice —
1. Chop the ends off the Brussels and halve them. Toss them in a oven safe dish with the grape seed oil and sea salt. Mix thoroughly and bake at 400 for 20 minutes.
2. Start cooking your quinoa.
3. While those are baking, slice your onions and sauté them in the grape seed oil. (Your house will now begin to smell amazing 🤤)
4. Chop your bratwursts and add those to the skillet of onions.
5. Next, roughly chop the apples (large chunks) and add to the skillet.
6. Once the Brussels are done, add everything else to the oven dish. Mix in the lemon juice and top with feta.
7. Bake a few minutes longer (long enough for the cheese to soften)
8. Serve and feel good that your putting so much goodness into your body with this hearty dish.
9. Feel free to name it for me!
This is Garrett Fedorkiw, entrepreneur, restaurateur and lover of sausage. Garrett overheard us talking about curry wurst one day and asked, nay demanded we make a curry wurst for him. Try as we did to explain that a curry wurst was a sauce for bratwurst, he cared not. So we set about working with him tirelessly to bring his ambition to fruition. Now I am happy to give you his magnum opus, the Apricot curry wurst. A blend of spices like caraway, coriander, cardamom and turmeric with sweet apricots and local pork from Tenish farms. It's become a fast favorite here at Birch and Boar for breakfast, or grilled up and served with saurkraut (we recommend @hopefarmorganics purple kraut aka purple Rain) for dinner.
Lust auf einen schnellen, einfachen Snack? Perfekt für Gäste oder zum Partyauftakt. 😁Mit Blätterteig, Frischkäse, Kräutern, Bratwurstbrät oder Tomätchen - wie jeder mag? Ist unkompliziert und macht alle glücklich. #snack#Blätterteig#puffpastry#Bratwurst#honigtomaten#schnell#partyfood#muffins
Die Zubereitung auch auf youtube: Katrin kocht mit Radio Regenbogen.
Und in Prosa auf https://www.katrinkocht.de/blog/fingerfood-bltterteigsnacks-aus-dem-backofen