WHAT IS ETOPS ?? ETOPS stands for Extended-range Twin-engine Operational Performance Standards, a rule which permits twin engine aircraft to fly routes which, at some point, are more than 60 minutes flying time away from the nearest airport suitable for emergency landing.
Let's say the aircraft's ground speed (with one engine inoperative!) is 450 knots. By drawing circles with radius 450nm around alternate airports, we can obtain areas which the flight must stay within. The flight path always stays inside one of these circles. If we are operating under ETOPS 120, we will draw the circles at 900nm.
On 30 May 1995, the Boeing 777 becomes the first airplane in aviation history to earn U.S. Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) approval to fly extended-range twin-engine operations (ETOPS) at service entry.. 🚦 • • ✈✈ ⤵⤵⤵⤵⤵⤵✈✈ • •
Check and Follow | •
✿ @abed99.9 ✿✿ @theairliners ✿ @justaflyingdutchman •
✿ Share or Tag Friends who'd enjoy such Posts | Repost with Credit | Hashtag @theairliners •
✿ 🎥 📸 Credit to @theairliners •
• ✿ Comment below •
• • ⤵⤵⤵⤵⤵⤵ • • •••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
• 💺 Airline: Delta Air Lines (@delta)
• ✈️ Aircraft: Boeing 777-232LR
• ℹ️ Flight No.: DL 9974
• 🛫 Origin: Tokyo-Narita, Japan 🇯🇵
• 🛬 Destination: Singapore🇸🇬
• 🛄 Terminal: N.A.
• 🛂 Gate: SH8
• 🛣 Runway: 02L
• 🆔 Registration: N710DN
• 🎨 Livery: Normal
• 📆 Date: 16th March 2018
• 📝 Remarks: A view overlooking the tarmac of the World’s Best Airport comes at a time with the evening rush hour of departures and arrivals in full swing. In the thick of the constant arrivals on runway 1, runway 02L, one stand out jet makes a rare appearance at the World’s Best Airport after a long 7 hours and 50 minutes flight from the Land of the Rising Sun. As darkness fall, the bright apron lights along with the bright lights that lined the aircraft captured the attention as she gracefully taxied towards her assigned docking stand. The rays of light, from the apron lights, bestowed upon her resplendent fuselage, making her an eye catching subject as she taxied by. Delta Air Lines flight DL 9974 arrived, from Japan, for scheduled maintenance. Once a common sight, the Boeing 777-200LR of Delta Air Lines is now a rare sight as she has been replaced by the stumpy Boeing 767-300ERs on the scheduled Seattle to Singapore via Tokyo-Narita route. Definitely a highlight catch of the night! Always love to catch Delta Air Lines in Singapore!
• #️⃣ Tags: