And here is why I LOVE macros. It’s not about saying no to foods.
Yesterday, I was in the mood for some butternut noodles with some Alfredo sauce.
My store bought Bertolli Alfredo comes with kcal=110, C=2, F=10, P=2 for 1/4 of a cup which says is 61g worth. That’s enough to make my butternut noodles creamy for me. But, I new I wanted to add Italian Tofurkey to my dish which is about 7g of fat for half a link. It’s so good in pasta dishes and great protein numbers. Good option if you want a meatless high protein meal. Anyways, I knew I wanted that and would still want to add a bit of low fat Ricotta and sprinkle some Parmesan on top. So, instead of saying no to any of these foods, I just made an Alfredo sauce that was less in the fat numbers but higher in the carbs to help balance out my meal.
My Garlic Alfredo for the same quantity of 61g came out to be kcal=96, C=8.4, F=4.8, P=2.9
I just created a different Alfredo Sauce that flipped the store bought numbers, so I could have my meal have more of a balance between all its macros. I run out of fats more easily and usually have more wiggle room with my carbs, so my recipe for Alfredo just fits more nicely. And it’s supper yummy!!!
Thinking you can make a Mac n cheese sauce with this base by switching out your cheese to a low fat cheddar. Going to see how it works on elbow noodles, and make a cauliflower version for me. Just because I really like warm toasty cauliflower. Mmmm plus it will leave some open carb numbers to make maybe a bread crumb topping. 😋😋😋. See what I mean!! It’s not about saying no to foods. It’s about creating a sweet harmony between them.
Swipe for macros of my Alfredo versus Bertolli. And, I got the recipe up there and meal macros too.
Toast garlic with spritz of oil in sauce pan. Add butter and flour. Add your warm milk. Add in seasonings and water. I used 3/4 c of water but if you prefer thicker just use a little less water, like 1/2c. Stir till thick. If you can steal some pasta water from your kids pasta pot do that, instead of adding just plain water! 😋
Highlight of my sisters 30th Birthday Celebration. ❤️❤️❤️
Spaghetti Smothered in Alfredo Sauce.
We had too much fun last night thanks to all the Carbs and the Wine 🍷 😉
Thank You family and friends for all the Birthday Wishes. And for those of you that requested the recipe. ↙️❤️
1 lb Linguine Pasta
2 tbsp Unsalted Butter
1 tbsp Corn Starch
2 oz Cream Cheese
2 Cups Heavy Cream
4 Pieces Minced Garlic
1 oz Yellow Onion
1 tbsp Dried Parsley
1/2 tsp Salt
1 1/2 Cup Pecorino Romano Cheese
Cook Pasta as instructed, Pan melt butter add garlic, onion satay for one minute. Add Cream Cheese, Corn Starch let cream cheese melt, add heavy cream, Pour your cheese at the end of the first boil of heavy cream and let it melt 🤤
Add the Pasta. Enjoy :) #linguinepasta#alfredosauce#whitesauce#pecorinoromano#carbsyum#birthdaycake#birthdaycelebration#sisterlove ❤ #soulmates#familycomesfirst#fish#fordinner
Panko Shrimp Parmesan Penne Casserole
1lb Jumbo Shrimp
1c Panko crumbs
1c Alfredo sauce
2c cooked penne
3 garlic cloves minced
1 shallot finely diced
2tbsp olive oil
1/4c chopped parsley
1c freshly grated Parmesan cheese
3/4c mozzarella cheese
1 medium size deep casserole dish
Preheat over to 400
In bowl mix cooked penne and Alfredo sauce. Pour penne into a lightly greased casserole dish spreading evenly. Add 1/2 of Parmesan cheese and 1/2 of mozzarella cheese over the Penne coating evenly. In a separate bowl toss shrimp in 1/2c of Panko crumbs, Cajun seasoning (optional) and 1/2 of fresh parsley. Place shrimp in single layer over cheese in casserole dish.
In small sauce pan add butter, garlic and shallots. Cook on medium heat for 2 minutes or until shallots are soft. Do not allow butter to burn. Allow to cool. Spread mixture over shrimp coating each one. Top with remaining mozzarella and Parmesan cheese. Lastly add the remaining Panko crumbs and parsley.
Place casserole dish in oven and bake uncovered for 20 minutes or until shrimp are fully cooked
Rosebud’s Spicy Red Pepper Alfredo 🍝
1. Prepare the produce: roughly chop 2 red bell peppers and 1/2 medium yellow onion. Also, peel 5 cloves of garlic.
2. In a large oven-safe skillet, sauté the prepared produce for 5 minutes in 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil.
3. Put the whole skillet in the oven, under a HIGH broiler, for 5 minutes. Stir. Then back under the broiler for another 4 minutes. (Don’t let the little bit of smoke bother you. You want the bell peppers to become slightly charred. ) 4. Blend the roasted produce, with 3 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce (canned item), 1/2 tsp dried oregano, and 5 leaves of fresh basil, until almost a smooth consistency is achieved.
5. Cook the pasta of your choice. I used one package of Hemis Fares Fusilli Bucati Lunghi Long Pasta Spirals.
6. Return the pepper sauce to the large skillet, and combine it with 1 (16 oz.) jar of roasted garlic alfredo sauce.
7. Incorporate the cooked pasta, adding a small amount of pasta water until it is the consistency you like.
8. Garnish with fresh basil, grated Pecorino Romano cheese, and grape tomatoes (mine are homegrown 🍅).
Chicken- Bacon - Ranch - 1 libra de pollo
- 14 oz de pasta yo use conchitas
- 14 oz ranch - 14 oz salsa alfredo
- 1 libra de tocino
- 2 Tazas de queso cheddar
- 2 tazas de queso mozzarella
- 1/2 taza cebolla picada
- aceite de oliva - sal
1. Marinar el pollo @polloreyca en trocitos con aceite de oliva paprika perejil, sal y pimienta
2. En un sartén saltear hasta cocinar bien el pollo con la cebolla picada, cuando esté listo guardar para después
3. Preparar la pasta @pastasroma al dente y por parte cocinar el tocino hasta que esté bien tostado
4. Agregar el aderezo ranch @pasionporelsabor a la hasta que esté bien revuelto
5. Agregar salsa alfredo y revólver bien
6. Agregar el pollo e integrar a la pasta
7. Finalmente colocarlo en un Pyrex y agregar el tocino bien cocinado
8. Agregar queso mozzarella y cheddar y hornear por 12 minutos a 375 o hasta que el queso esté derretido
One of my cute clients shared this picture with me of one of my naturally gluten free recipes & loved it so I wanted to share it again today. Easy, filling & family friendly! #hideyourveggies ➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖
3 cups cauliflower rice
1/4 tsp garlic powder, or 2 tsp minced
1/4 tsp sea salt
2 tbsp unsalted butter
1 cup milk of choice (I like to use rice)
1 cup water
1/4 cup mozzarella cheese
You can also add a little Dijon mustard or lemon juice if desired.
Put all ingredients into a medium pot and bring to a complete boil, then cover and simmer 15 minutes or until the cauliflower is fall-apart tender. Pulverize with either food processor or blender. Serve over zucchini noodles. Thanks for the photo @thejulietaylor #glutenfreerecipes#mamabear#kidfood#alfredosauce#zoodles
My kiddo told me she's never had Alfredo sauce..... absolutely needs to be remedied immediately. So, I'm making a skinny version for dinner with ingredients on hand. Using lactaid and gluten free pasta to prevent our tummy troubles..... it still tastes yummy! I like pepper so that's what those specs are...... and there will be chicken apple sausage on the side. To be clear this isn't a gf recipe bc it starts with a roux.... but I watch gluten bc it makes me feel awful if I eat too much.
This new Lunch Feature is one for the ages! Creamy Alfredo sauce and linguini, covered with Cajun Lobster, spiced as only Glenn's Café can! Come in and get a taste of this masterpiece while it's still around!